IVY Tech Moment 01

I'm walking out of class behind Ebony, a young mom who arrived late to class to turn in a crucial assignment. As we head down the hallway, a guy steps out of his class in front of us and mumbles something to Ebony. She immediately begins to strut an attitude as she flashes a "talk to the hand" signal.

He looks at me.

"All you ladies make comin' to school real pleasant."
I continue walking, and say, "Oh?"
He starts walking alongside of me. "Yeah, in class it gets real distracting, but on breaks its a real pleasure."
"Oh."
"I don' mean that offensive."
"No?"

We stop walking and look at each other. Awkward raised eyebrow from me, awkward shrug from him.

I keep walking, but I can't pull off the attitude like Ebony.

2 comments:

Megan Gilmore said...

HA!

Megan Gilmore said...

Sarah,
Your comment made me cry. I love that we are sisters and that you have grown into a bosom friend!
I LOVE YOU!

Post a Comment